Rural Municipality of Reciprocity No. 32

Click here to edit subtitle

The next meeting of council will be held on Thursday, September 13th, 2018.

 CONTROLLED BURNS


If you are planning a controlled burn please call 1-866-404-4911 to report it.  You will be asked the land location and R.M. number of the planned burn, who your fire service provider is, how long the burn is expected to last and your name and phone number. When the burn is complete you will be asked to call back.  This process prevents unnecessary fire call-outs. For further information on this process check out Controlled Burns - Saskatchewan.

2018 TAX NOTICES


Tax notices were mailed July 31st, 2018. If you have not received your notice or believe there is an error please contact the office at 306-443-2212. We can receive tax payments in the form of cash, cheque, online banking, and e-transfers. We do not have the ability to process debit or credit cards. Please take note of the discount deadlines.

Government of Saskatchewan partners with the Rural Municipality of Reciprocity


The Government of Saskatchewan and the Rural Municipality of Reciprocity have entered a partnership to upgrade Highways 318 and 361.


As part of the agreement, Highway 361 will see more than 16 km of road converted to a primary weight super grid road; while Highway 318 will see 6 km of highway upgraded to an asphalt surface. Upgrading this segment provides a safer road than what currently exists and creates a nine-month primary weight corridor.


“The Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure is working closely with municipal governments to improve highways through partnership agreements aimed at providing benefits to local traffic and the economy as a whole,” Highways and Infrastructure Minister David Marit said. “By upgrading this segment to a nine-month primary weight corridor, this will benefit both the local and provincial economies by generating truck haul savings as well as improving the overall safety of the road.”


The cost-share projects will cost approximately $6.3 million. The Government of Saskatchewan is covering 70 per cent of the cost for Highway 318 and 73 per cent for Highway 361, and the rural municipality the remaining 30 and 27 per cent, respectively. The RM will also be responsible for all the required construction including design, tendering and construction administration.


“We appreciate the opportunity to work with the Government of Saskatchewan to improve the highways for our ratepayers and the traveling public,” RM of Reciprocity Reeve Alan Arthur said. “This work allows us to complete our north/south corridor through the municipality and accommodate the oil and gas industry’s transportation requirements in the area.”


Upon completion, the RM will be responsible for both winter and summer maintenance of these sections of highways. There is currently no completion date set for this project.


“Partnerships, whether they are with municipalities, private industry or the federal government, allow our government to consider the needs of the entire provincial highway network,” Marit said. “We are pleased we could come to a mutually beneficial agreement with the RM of Reciprocity and look forward to future partnership possibilities throughout the province.”


The Government of Saskatchewan has invested $7.4 billion in transportation infrastructure since 2008, improving more than 12,000 km of Saskatchewan highways.